The LSRI Graduate Program is currently accepting applications for Fall 2013.
View a printable poster for the Learning Sciences Ph.D. program: here
Watch the Learning Sciences Program Information Video.
|Learning Sciences is an emerging field that draws on expertise in behavioral, computer, developmental, educational, engineering, natural, and social sciences to tackle key questions about learning and education.
In UIC's Learning Sciences Ph.D. Program, you can explore:
- How understanding cognition helps us design better learning environments for literacy, mathematics, science, history...
- How understanding social and cultural dimensions of learning informs research and design
- How emerging technologies can bolster our human capacity for learning
- How to conduct rigorous research that addresses real-world problems
- How to partner in this work with educators, parents, administrators, communities, and learners
UIC's Learning Sciences Ph.D. program is the first of its kind to prepare students to address educational challenges through a focus on Learning in the Disciplines.
This 5-year program combines doctoral training in learning sciences with graduate-level coursework in an area of specialization (e.g., chemistry, computer science, history, literacy, mathematics).
Associate Director, LSRI
Graduate Program Coordinator
Office 2040A BSB
Director of Graduate Studies
Office: 4478 SES